DAC (direct attach copper) cable systems for QSFP28 interfaces
QSFP28 (Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable) or 100GBASE-CR4 was designed for differential I/O interconnections for servers, routers, switches and storage systems. Active and passive QSFP28 copper cables from LEONI are the ideal solution for applications where higher data transmission speeds are required. Being available in 100 ohm versions, they exceed the current IEEE 802.3bj 100 Gb/s specification and support 100 Gb/s Ethernet over 5 m (16 ft) of copper with channel rates of 4 x 25 Gb/s and InfiniBand enhanced data rate (EDR). LEONI provides QSFP28 DAC cables in AWG sizes 24, 26, 28, 30 and 32 as passive solutions with transmission lengths of up to 6 m (20 ft) and as active versions with lengths of 15 m (49 ft).
QSFP28 DAC connections are constructed with high-speed ParaLink copper cables and offer greater than 10 percent lower insertion loss over competing products as well as industry leading crosstalk performance. Optimal cable assembly transmission performance is achieved by controlling cable and connector paddle card design tolerances, incorporating automated laser stripping and computer controlled soldering as well as in-process monitoring and testing.
QSFP28 assemblies from LEONI are available with halogen or lead-free unique elastomer outer jackets and certified according to UL 13 CL2 in compliance with CSA FT4. Both active and passive versions are low-cost, low-power, low-latency and hot-pluggable alternatives to fiber optic modules.
- Supporting 100 Gb/s (25 Gb/s per channel) over 6 m/16 ft (passive) and 15 m/49 ft (active)
- Designed with ParaLink copper bulk cables
- Industry leading signal integrity with low NEXT, FEXT, insertion loss and jitter
- Superior mechanical performance
- Optimised paddle card design for passive and active assemblies with repeater or retimer
- Conforming to SFF 8665, IEEE 802.3bj and InfiniBand EDR
- Low power consumption
- Customised solutions available
For further information on our active & passive QSFP28 copper cables please contact ourproduct management